Judge Strikes Down ObamaCare – Schumer the House, the Senate, and Executive are “seperate but equal” for a reason, lol. What happened to the Judiciary?
Posted by devildog6771 on February 1, 2011
Judge Roger Vinson, in Pensacola, Fla., ruled that as a result of the unconstitutionality of the “individual mandate” that requires people to buy insurance, the entire law must be declared void.
“I must reluctantly conclude that Congress exceeded the bounds of its authority in passing the act with the individual mandate. That is not to say, of course, that Congress is without power to address the problems and inequities in our health care system. The health care market is more than one-sixth of the national economy, and without doubt Congress has the power to reform and regulate this market. That has not been disputed in this case. The principal dispute
has been about how Congress chose to exercise that power here,” Vinson wrote.
“We strongly disagree with the court’s ruling today and continue to believe – as other federal courts have found – that the Affordable Care Act is constitutional,” she said. “There is clear and well-established legal precedent that Congress acted within its constitutional authority in passing this law and we are confident that we will ultimately prevail on appeal.
“We are analyzing this opinion to determine what steps, if any — including seeking a stay — are necessary while the appeal is pending to continue our progress toward ensuring that Americans do not lose out on the important protections this law provides, that the millions of children and adults who depend on Medicaid programs receive the care the law requires, and that the millions of seniors on Medicare receive the benefits they need,” she added.
This is to be expected. I am just filled with emotion that “my” government is so worried about me! I certainly didn’t think that the Obama administration would accept the court’s ruling if Obama-Care was declared unconstitutional. Obama has repeatedly by-passed Congress by using “executive” orders and department regulations.
Senator Charles Schumar (D-NY) today remarked that the reason we had the separation of powers, “the Senate, the House, and the Executive branch” was to safeguard our government with checks and balances. I couldn’t believe Schumar made such a dumb remark. The FOX Newsman caught the error immediately.
I am not at all surprised at such a blatant error. This administration has no respect for our Republic or the Constitution! Obama continues to spend. Of course he is now making “investments!” Do the “Democommies” really think Americans are blind or stupid? They keep giving us the “doomsday” speech about the cost to Americans if Obama-Care is struck down. Maybe the next court will follow suit. Then we can focus on Obama’s “investment” programs next along with defeating the latest 2nd Amendment attack!
Sometimes it seems that we are fighting a war on all fronts as the Democommies continue to try to strip away our rights and bust our economy! We must remain constantly vigilant until we get Obama out of office. Sadly, we need to be just as vigilant in forcing our Republican elected officials to listen to our wishes! Those officials need to remember the mid-term elections.
- Florida Judge Roger Vinson Rules Obama Health Care Law Unconstitutional [Video] (realestateradiousa.com)
- Fla. Judge Strikes Down Obama Health Care Overhaul (abcnews.go.com)
- Fla. judge strikes down Obama health care overhaul (boston.com)
- Fla. judge strikes down Obama health care overhaul (sfgate.com)
- Fla. judge strikes down Obama health care overhaul (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Barack Obama’s health care reform ‘unconstitutional’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Judge Axes Health Reform Law (abcnews.go.com)
- Florida Judge Rules Health Care Reform Unconstitutional (huffingtonpost.com)
- “Florida Federal Judge Roger Vinson to Rule on Obamacare Constitutionality Today” and related posts (scaredmonkeys.com)
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Throws Out ObamaCare (minx.cc)
- Federal Court Strikes Down Individual Mandate In Health Care Law (alan.com)
- Federal Judge Declares PPACA Unconstitutional (alankatz.wordpress.com)
- Florida Court Strikes Down Individual Mandate In Health Care Law (alan.com)
- Florida Judge Rules Health Care Law Unconstitutional (themoderatevoice.com)
- Second Federal Judge Declares Health Care Reform Law Unconstitutional (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Vinson void (politics.nashvillepost.com)
- Unconstitutional: Florida judge strikes down Obamacare mandate; full decision embedded (michellemalkin.com)
- Judge Rules Health Care Law Is Unconstitutional – FoxNews.com (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Florida Judge Strikes Down Obamacare (abovethelaw.com)
- Federal Judge: Individual Mandate Unconstitutional, Health Care Overhaul “must be declared void” (reason.com)